Quotes cross rate of VND
Developments and trends of Vietnam international merchandise trade in October and the first 10 months of 2012
According to Vietnam Customs’ trade data, a noteworthy expansion of 9% in Vietnam’s international merchandise trade in comparison with the performance of previous month, which came at US dollars 20.49 billion in value terms, was reported for October 2012. In which, the total merchandise export value was US dollars 10.32 billion, went up remarkably by 8.9% as compared to the performance of September, 2012. By importation, the total value reached US dollars 10.17 billion, went above 9.2% July’s result. As a result, Vietnam’s trade balance was in the surplus of US dollars 156 million in October, 2012
2. Trade statistics compiled by Vietnam Customs reported a sharp increase of 12.5 % in Vietnam’s international trade-in-goods for the first ten months of 2012 , which were summed up to US dollars 187.54 billion. In which, the merchandise export totaled US dollars 93.80 billion in value terms, up strongly by 18.9% as compared to the corresponding period of 2011. There was an expansion of 6.7% in the total merchandise import in comparison with performance of the same period of 2011, which was summed up to US dollars 93.74 billion in value terms. Consequently, Vietnam’s trade balance was in the surplus of US dollars 64 million reported for the first ten months of 2012.
3. According to trade data for exports and imports for Jan.-Oct. period of 2012 disseminated by Vietnam Customs, the value of exportation and importation by foreign direct invested (FDI) traders totaled US dollars 101.21 billion, up vigorously by 29.9% and accounting for 54% of Vietnam ‘s total external merchandise trade value. Total value of FDI exportation was US dollars 51.95 billion, advanced strongly by 35.9%. Regarding importation , the total value of those traders was US dollars 49.26 billion, up vigorously by 24.1%.
6. The following Table released by Vietnam Customs illustrates Top 10 major exported commodities of Vietnam in October 2012. The leading exports of Vietnam to the world included: telephones, mobile phones and parts thereof (US dollars 1,432 million); textiles and garments (US dollars 1,344 million); computers, electrical products, spare-parts and components thereof (USD dollars 761 million); crude oil (US dollars 700 million); fishery products (US dollars 603 million); …
7. Regarding the following chart , the United States is the biggest importer of Vietnamese products with the total value of US dollars 16.2 billion for the first 10 months, 2012; Japan is the second biggest one; and then China, Republic of Korea, Malaysia, Germany,…
8. According to Table 3 which shows the top 10 major imported commodities in August 2012, it is evident that the leading imports of Vietnam from rest of the world were as follows: Computers, electrical products, spare-parts and components thereof (US dollars 1,392 million); Machine, equipment, tools and instruments (US dollars 1,292 million); Textile, leather and foot-wears materials and auxiliaries group (US dollars 1,160 million); Petroleum products (US dollars 720 million); Iron and steel (US dollars 533 million); Telephones, mobile phones and parts thereof (US dollars 522 million); plastics (US dollars 409 million); Other base metals (US dollars 264 million),…
9. China was the biggest partner exporting goods to Vietnam with the value of US dollars 23.5 billion in the first 10 months of 2012, followed by: Republic of Korea, Japan, Taiwan, Singapore, Thailand, …